Venessa Arizaga Makes a Statement
It seems like everyone is thinking ahead about fall fashion – but let’s not forget, the summer isn’t over! Time flies by as it is – why rush the season? I recently asked Venessa Arizaga, a jewelry designer who creates fabulously whimsical mixed-media pieces, to share her top five summer style tips with The Pretty Dish. This woman is a true expert, having studied at Parsons and once playing Design Director for Zac Posen.
Note that I was not compensated in any way for this post, and I will not get a commission of any sales that result from it. I just love Venessa’s pieces that much. So, here you go – styling tips from Ms. Arizaga herself:
- For a preppy, Parisian cool look, pair a pearl necklace with navy suede Tod’s driving shoes, Isabel Marant khaki’s and a fun, French stripe boat shirt. Très chic!!
- For an everyday hippy look, pair colorful and whimsical jewelry with high-waisted denim shorts and a vintage t-shirt. If you’re on-the-go, add a pair of brightly colored, classic low top Vans. I usually wear my Heroes & Villains necklace to achieve this look:
- For a polished sleek look, every girl can find a favorite black ensemble in her closet! Add a modern twist by adding dark jewelry with a bit of shine. Try this, or this.
- Create a fresh look for summer with an unexpected burst of color. I love mixing a simple neon green silk tank top and my Good Girls signature skull necklace with a pair of nude crepe capri pants.
- My staple uniform year-round is a boyish, fitted jacket, sleek fitted low rise pants and a simple cotton tank for evening. I love giving this look a ladylike edge with the pearl trim and feminine poppy pink color of this necklace.
There you have it. Now you should be more than set to finish this summer in style. I love Venessa’s recommendations and designs. But remember, these tips can be interpreted in a ton of ways – so run wild!