Well HELLO, ladies (and you few gents who frequent TPD). I have to apologize. I’ve been away for the past few days on a business trip to San Diego. You see, I had to travel out West to attend the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. Here are some fun facts from my trip:
- I scored some fantastic product samples :)
- I saw Caridee from ANTM and Gina from RHOC on the convention floor. If you are a reality show junkie like I am, you know who these ladies are.
- I had dinner at the historic Hotel Coronado, where Some Like it Hot was filmed in the 50’s:
Nice picture, ehh? Now. Here are some seriously unlucky facts about my trip:
- The weather was terrible. Terrible as in the WORST weather San Diego has seen in 30 years. The aggressive wind and rain didn’t let up until the morning I flew home. Fantastic.
- San Diego is totally unprepared to handle bad weather. Roads are slick. Stores don’t sell umbrellas. Wicked witches get to melting. CARLAS wipe out and fall FLAT on their faces due to a complete LACK of traction on pavement!! Just ask the faceprint I left outside my hotel – this city can’t handle rain.
My unfortunate date with the pavement left me feeling sad and sorry for myself. So, what better way to lift my spirits than to take to the iPad for a little online window shopping? I haven’t yet made the purchase (hint, hint Mike), but I’ve got my eyes set on this Coach Willis Bag:
As far as I’m concerned, $298 is a small price to pay for a timeless bag that’ll last a lifetime. Do you agree?