This past weekend Mike and I took another quick trip to D.C. I miss it there, and visiting often makes it feel like a second home. Here’s a snapshot:
Clockwise from top left:
- Every corner of the Park Hyatt Washington is chic and contemporary, including these lighting fixtures at the front desk.
- It has become a tradition that Mike and I brunch at the hotel’s Blue Duck Tavern each time we come to town. With a lump crab cake that looks like this (and tastes even better!!) who can blame us?
- Saturday night we had dinner at The Occidental, a 100-year-old restaurant that’s rich in political history. The presidential portraits that line the walls of the entryway provide a very “Washington” welcome.
- The monuments at night are really a sight to see – no crowds. Here I am at the WWII Memorial, with the Lincoln Memorial as the backdrop.
- Still at the WWII Memorial, here’s a little dose of Jersey pride.
- Mike had a moment of reflection with the Washington Monument in the background.